lundi 28 octobre 2013

Cowboys receiver Dez Bryant defends his sideline rants against the Detroit Lions

(USA Today Sports Images)


Dallas Cowboys receiver Dez Bryant was not shy about expressing his frustration with teammates during a 31-30 loss against the Detroit Lions on Sunday.


Bryant maintained that same disposition when asked about his actions after the game.


The receiver had a slight confrontation with quarterback Tony Romo after a third-down incompletion to Dwayne Harris late in the third quarter. Bryant eventually had a heated confrontation with tight end Jason Witten, which prompted teammate DeMarcus Ware to step between them and calm down the receiver.


However, Bryant, who finished with three receptions for 72 yards and two touchdowns, was far from apologetic.



"My passion is always positive," Bryant told ESPN.com. “It's always positive. It's going to remain the same way. I'm not saying anything wrong. I'm not saying anything bad. It's all positive. That's just what it is.


"I'm the nicest person off the field. When I'm on the field, even when I look angry, it's still all good passion. It's all good passion. I feel like that's what we need. I'm going to remain the same way. I feel like I love this game. I love it. In order to win, you've got to be passionate about this game. You have to be. You've got to let that dog come out and just put it all out there on the line.”



Bryant later said his passion is what Dallas needs to win. He also was not concerned about how his outbursts looked to outsiders.



"That's [the media's] problem, because everybody knows up in this locker room who I am," Bryant told ESPN.com. "It's been that way since Day 1. The day that I got drafted, like I told y'all, don't get it twisted: I love this game. I love my teammates. That's what it is.


"It's going to forever remain the same. It started in Pop Warner, went to middle school, went to high school, went to college, and it's here. It's going to stay that way. It won't change."



Romo defended Bryant after the game and did not view his teammate's tantrum as a detriment.



"He's never complained to me about getting the ball," Romo told ESPN. "He knows that the ball's going where it's supposed to. He knows that.


"When you guys sometimes see emotions from Dez, it's just trying to 'rah, rah' more than it is being a 'me' guy. That's not who Dez is. I think that would be completely out of character for him if there was ever a 'me' situation."



Sideline confrontations between players and coaches is not something new. Those disputes happen often, but the camera caught Bryant during two moments of frustration. When your team blows an opportunity to put away Detroit on the road, every Cowboys player should be angry.


Despite the loss, Dallas still leads the NFC East. Dallas’ biggest problem right now is its defense, which is ranked last in the NFL. Dallas is giving up an average of 422.5 yards per game, plus 23.2 points (17th in the NFL).


Bryant may have been upset, but his teammates on defense are the ones who should be furious.


- - - - - - -


Anwar S Richardson is a writer for Shutdown Corner on Yahoo Sports. Have a tip? Email him at NFLAnwar@yahoo.com or follow him on Twitter!






via Y! Sports Blogs - Yahoo Sports http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/cowboys-receiver-dez-bryant-defends-sideline-rants-against-132544617--nfl.html

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire